Are You Looking for a New House This Holiday Season?
Realtors across the country are updating the homes that they are showing with holiday decorations. In an effort to keep any possible buyers in the Christmas mood, realtors often spend the time and energy to restage a home this time of year. From a festive Thanksgiving table to a lavishly decorated Christmas tree, houses for sale this time of the year show even better if they feature holiday items.
Whether you are trying to buy or sell a home this holiday season, you will likely be more successful if you work with an experienced real estate agent. From small condos for sale to large five bedroom, four bathroom homes, finding the properties that are in your price range is easier with the help of a local realtor who understand the local market.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the current real estate market and the impact that it has on the cation’s market:
- 32% of people looking to buy new homes are home buyers for the very first time.
- In an effort to make a house more marketable, 90% of real estate agents encourage home owners to invest in landscaping before they get ready to sell.
- 54% of buyers indicate that they are willing to pay more for a home that has hardwood floors.
- 78% of recent home buyers indicated that they found their real estate agent to be a very useful source of information.
- 34% of recent buyers who made new home purchases indicated that they were looking to avoid renovations as well as problems with electricity or plumbing.
- 88% of buyers in the year 2014 purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker. This is a percentage that has steadily increased from 69% in the year 2001.
When was the last time that you had to prepare your house to go on the market? When was the last time you went house hunting? Finding the best house or the best buyer does not happen by accident. These matches depend on having the right realtors and a commitment to looking for the best fit. If you are spending this holiday season buying or selling a home, it is important that you take the time to make sure that your home is properly staged, maybe even with a few holiday decorations.