Purchasing a Home Reasons Why
Many Americans are looking for a new home on a regular basis as the housing market still has not recovered to pre-2007 levels and prices are still lower than expected since the boom in the economy in the last several years. Americans may have many reasons to look for a house, some personal and some financial.
There is a certain excitement to buying a new house. A new house has many perks over an apartment and a new house (from someone that still has a house) has possibly more space and room than the old house. A new house, for someone who has been living in an apartment, has many good qualities.
For instance, that apartment renter may never have owned a home before. They may appreciate the opportunity to build equity through the house, as the house is an investment that is supposed to appreciate over time. They may have never had a yard, which is an important luxury of a home. They may never have that much property space.
A new house for someone who has a house already may be moving because the new house has a great deal more space than the old house. There may be more rooms, a larger living room, a bigger yard, better appliances, better piping and general infrastructure and much much more. They may have good financial reasons to move to a new home.
A house is also in a neighborhood, which may be different than apartment buildings, which are more about the complex than a neighborhood. Apartment complexes can also isolate people, as they stay in their own apartment, without a yard to clean or people to meet. A house in a neighborhood helps those in the neighborhood to meet each other.
There are many reasons why this is important. There are statistics about the purchasing of houses and the ability to make money off houses and why someone decides to purchase a house. A sampling of those statistics are in the following section.
- 83% of Americans think having a yard is important and 90% of those with a yard think it is important that it is also well-maintained.
- In 2015, at 30%, the primary reason for purchasing a home was the desire to own a home of their own.
- 2 in 5 Americans, which is a sizeable 41% of the population, either somewhat or strongly prefer a newly-built home over an existing one.
- Taxes on a new home are significantly lower in the first 12-24 months than on a similarly valued resale home.
- 63% of respondents reported being willing to pay more for an apartment or house if it was located in an area with good green spaces, compared with, for instance, 34% willing to pay more for an area with good shopping and 33% for good cultural venues.
- A new survey by Harris Poll for the National Association of Landscape Professionals conducted among 2,034 U.S. adults (ages 18+), finds that three quarters of Americans (75%) feel that it is important to spend time outside in their yards.
There are some locations where people are wanting to purchase a home. One of these locations is Florida. Florida has some of the best perks for living and buying a home. The temperature in Florida is temperate year around and it has some of the best beaches in the country. There are some statistics about Florida worth noting.
- Florida is one of only seven states that don’t collect an individual income tax at the state level (the other six are Alaska, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming).
- If you buy a home in Florida and declare that it is your primary “homestead” residence, you will receive an exemption for the first $50,000 of value for property tax purposes (except for school district taxes which only receive a $25,000 exemption).
Finding new home can be a difficult process. While a realtor can help someone in finding new home, there may be hiccups along the way. Finding new home means looking at realty listings and visiting homes. Finding new home means doing leg work, which can take time.
There are many terms associated with finding new home and house purchasing in general. They are new homes, new homes for sale, new home builders, planned community, Tampa Bay new homes, and more.