7 Tips for Finding Reliable House Cleaning Services
Most people in the United States say they like to have a clean home. At least 87% of women worry that the level of cleanliness of their home is a direct reflection of them. It has been estimated that more than 84% of people think a clean carpet is important to the cleanliness of a home yet 22% of all Americans will say that their carpets are more dirty than their toilet seats. If you are looking to have a clean home and want to hire someone, there are things you can do to make sure you get the right house cleaning services.
- Talk to your friends and family. They may not advertise it but you probably know people who use a dependable house cleaning services company. Ask around. Ask your friends, family and neighbors. If you live in an apartment complex, see what the other people around you do for their cleaning needs. There may be an experienced maid service that works a lot in your building. The best case scenario is when more than one person will recommend the same dependable maid service independently of each other.
- Go online. There are manyFacebook groups and pages that have been set up to promote local businesses. If you check out the Facebook group for your area and do not see information about house cleaning services in your city, post the question. People love to be experts. You can also check Angie’s List and Yelp. If you see a lot of comments that were posted anonymously and are negative, take them with a grain of salt. People are much more likely to complain than compliment.
- Interview a few companies. Talk to more than one company. In the first place, you should get a sense of how much dependable house cleaning services are charging. It is also a good idea because different maid services may offer different services overall. You may want to bring in a spring cleaning service to do one thorough cleaning and then have something less intense on a weekly or monthly basis. When you talk to more than one service, you will get a better idea of what your options are.
- Ask about green cleaning. The Environmental Protection Agency has found that most household cleaners have toxic chemicals that make the air inside a home three times as likely to cause cancer than the air outside. It is said that as many as one in three general cleaning products has substances that can harm human health. It does not have to be that way. Your house cleaning services company can use green products and techniques that are much healthier for you and your family.
- Ask about the staff. How does the company hire its staff? How are they trained? Does the house cleaning services company do background checks? What is the turnover? It is always good to hire a company that treats its people well. You also are going to have to trust the people they send into your home to do the cleaning so you should know that they have been properly vetted. Happy workers do a better job so be wary if the company has a lot of turnover. It is not a good sign.
- Make sure they have the right insurance and bonding. Before you start talking to different house cleaning services, find out what the rules and regulations are in your area. Ask the company about their insurance and bonding. If they do not have the right amount of insurance and one of their workers is hurt while working at your home, you can be legally liable for it. It may only be a remote possibility that this will happen but it is worth looking into. Do not take their word for it, verify anything they tell you.
- Listen to your gut. If you interview different house cleaning services and you get a funny feeling, listen to it. You are hiring a maid service to come into your home, you need to be completely comfortable with the staff and the company.
Hiring a house cleaning services company can make a big difference in the quality of your life. You just need to find the right one.