Apartment Hunting Can be Both Fun and Challenging
New year. New plans. New apartment.
It was a major search but you finally found exactly the thing that you were looking for. Two bedrooms. Inside parking. Washer and dryer. 24-hour fitness center, including a swimming pool and hot tub.
Whether you are looking for luxury apartments, luxury condos, or options for affordable first apartments, it is important to prioritize what it is that you are looking for ahead of time. In some large cities, the options can be in the hundreds, so without a prioritized list of what you are looking for so that you can organize your search. By starting with an organized plan and working with a property management group you may be able to complete much of your searching online and only have to visit a handful of properties in person.
Finding the right apartment, condo, or townhouse, deciding whether or not your need a 24-hour fitness center or other amenities, and budgeting for any of these changes can be a lot of work, but it takes both time and patience. Consider some of these tips about what you might want to look for when you are ready for your next move:
- The latest statistics indicate that 33% of renters move each year.
- Healthy habits are easier to follow if you rent a location that comes with a 24-hour fitness center. Making sure that you are able to work out whenever it is convenient for you helps you stay with your fitness plans, even on the busiest of days.
- Eestimates indicate that 42.58 million housing units are occupied by renters in the U.S.
- Renters are not the only people who move. In fact, 25% of Americans move every five years.
- In a recent Apartment Guide survey, 60% of property managers cited pools and fitness centers as one of the top three amenities tenants desire most.
- Gated apartments are a popular option in large cities where crime can sometimes be an issue.
- Hot tubs, saunas, and swimming pools are popular amenities at many rental locations.
- Townhouese for rent are available in a number of price ranges so it is important that you understand your budget before you begin your search.
- Plenty of families want to make sure that they find pet friendly apartments. In fact, more than 70% of apartment renters own pets, so this is one of the major filters that many renters use when they are looking for a place.
- Luxury condos often come in a wide variety of unique floor plans.
- Approximately 25% of rental residents who responded to a survey indicate that they were renters by choice, meaning they prefer to live in an apartment rather than a house.
- Condominium rentals allow owners to enjoy a bigger space, but still have someone else take care of building and property maintenance.
- Executive apartments are a popular rental options for business travelers who spend large amounts of time in one location that is a great distance from their primary home.
Finding THE RIGHT PLACE can be a difficult task if you are looking for apartments, condos, or townhouses in a big city. Having a plan in place, however, can help you save time, effort, and money. Understanding your budget ahead of time and prioritizing the amenities that you want can help you more efficiently sift through the offerings in even the largest of cities.