Selecting a landscape design is the obvious next step.
After investing another $6000 to the insurance settlement that you got from the recent hailstorm you now have a deck that looks great and is very functional. the composite materials that you have selected are a perfect match for your home and really do help carry the inside look of the wood floors out to the new eating and entertaining spot. An additional investment in some new deck furniture means that you are now able to easily serve dinner or any meal to a party of eight. In fact, the new patio set that you have selected is so inviting that you actually find yourself out using this space in the early mornings as you complete your computer work.
And while the backyard lawn has always looked pretty nice, the fact that you are spending even more time on the deck has led to the fact that you want to invest in an upgraded landscape design as well. The outdoor living area even includes a cushioned seating area in addition to the table and chairs that you had in the past, so the temptation to sit out on the deck is more than it has ever been before.
Outdoor Living Spaces and Landscape Designs Add to Both the Function and Beauty of Any Home
As more and more Americans search for ways to reconnect with their family and friends, including neighbors, it should come as no surprise that landscape designs and outdoor kitchens are increasingly common additions to many homes. With the right shrubs, trees, and plants, including flowers, many home owners are able to create spaces that are so inviting that technologies are left inside and people can reconnect in a very relaxing atmosphere.
Custom outdoor kitchens continue to become more and more elaborate and some are even including outdoor refrigerators and very sophisticated cooking spaces. With the addition of outdoor fireplaces, many people are able to use these new spaces most of the year. And while it may seem a stretch that your guests would want to sit outside during the late fall and early winter, we live in a time when many people really look forward to escaping to an outdoor fire pit and sharing conversation, good food, and a drink.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that backyard areas are being transformed with the latest landscape designs and outdoor cooking areas:
- Guiding their clients to the best possible curb appeal, nearly 90% of real estate agents encourage home owners to invest in landscaping prior to selling.
- One of the latest research statistics is that as many as 83% of Americans think having a yard is important, and 90% of those with a yard think it is important that space is also well-maintained.
- One indicator of how valuable these upgrades can be is that spending as little as 5% of a home’s value on landscaping may get a return on investment (ROI) of as much as 150%.
- Deciding to add more trees to your property is also a worthwhile investment. In fact, tall shade trees block this light very effectively in the summer. In fact, they can reduce a summer energy bill by as much as 20%.
- The average home owner spends approximately four hours a week caring for a lawn. Depending on where you live, that is approximately 150 hours in cooler climates to 208 hours in warmer climates a year.
- In a time when many people are trying to get back to the basics it should come as no surprise that food and flower gardening were the most popular gardening activities last year.
- Many studies show that households spent an estimated $3.6 billion growing vegetables, fruit, berries, and herbs and $2.7 billion on growing flowers.
- Estimates indicate that 33% of households participated in food or flower gardening (34%).
- Statistics show that an estimated 90 million households participated in do-it-yourself lawn and gardening activities last year, including both in and outdoors spaces. this means that nearly 75% of all U.S. households. found these activities both encouraging and worthwhile.
Finding a way to carve out some GOOD TIMES with friends is more inviting if you are able to create a great outdoor living space.