When Was the Last Time That You Needed to Use a Walking Aid?
This holiday season has been a challenge. Your mom’s husband has been in a rehabilitation center and in spite of your best efforts, it simply was not feasible to get him out for the family holiday gathering. Although he was only using an umbrella cane two months ago, he is now completely reliant on his walker. Your house, has three steps to get up to the front porch and then one more to get into the house.
Walking canes, umbrella canes, and cane with feet can help many people get around the way that you want. Whether you have a family member who is adjusting to his limited mobility or you are facing these issues yourself, it is important to make sure that you are able to get the assistance that you need. With the latest fashionable canes, in fact, you can still look great while you are also making sure that you keep your balance.
Heavy Duty Wooden Canes Are an Important Way to Make Sure That You Remain Safe
If you are getting to a point when you need to make sure that you are steady when you are walking or if you are taking care of an elderly family member, it is important to make sure that you have the right kind of mobility device. Consider some of these facts and figures about the need for mobility devices and the impact that they have on the economy of the nation:
- 25% older adults falls every year in the U.S.
- More than 2 million senior citizens visit the emergency room for injuries caused by a fall every year.
- An older adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall every 11 seconds.
- 50% of all falls among older adults take place at home.
- 22.3% of cane users indicate that osteoarthritis is the main cause of their limited mobility
- 6.8 million Americans use assistive devices like canes to aid their mobility.
Whether it is the holidays or it is any other time of the year, if you have family members coming to your home who have limited mobility it is important to make sure that you remove as many obstacles as possible.