5 Reasons To Visit And Live In South Carolina
When considering a move into a new home, it’s a good idea to make a checklist of things that are important to you in a new living arrangement. If you love the outdoors, for example, or value a safe neighborhood, those are important things to realize before you start looking for homes for sale. The same is true if you are looking for a place to buy a second property, a vacation home, or simply checking out places to visit.
If you are looking for a place to retire, you may believe that it doesn’t really matter where you live, as long as you can live a relaxed lifestyle. But as it happens, recreational opportunities in the community are just as important for an older person, if not more. Studies show that retirees are happier when they engage in three or four active recreational opportunities a day. With 40 million Americans, or 13% of the population, over the age of 65, there are only so many communities that satisfy the need for tranquility, beauty and active living.
South Carolina is a state that offers all of these qualities. We’ve compiled a list of five awesome aspects of life in South Carolina that will lead you to appreciate the joy and beauty of living here in the Palmetto State.
- South Carolina is a vibrant community for those who love golf, with over 300 golf courses in total. In fact, Myrtle Beach has been described as the golf capital of the world.
- South Carolina grows the most peaches of any state in the country besides California, and it is the only state in America that grows tea.
- The state capital of Charleston has historically been a progressive American town, home to the first public college, the first museum, and the first playhouse ever in the United States.
- South Carolina’s Atlantic coastline is 187 miles long, but all the bays, inlets and islands add another 2,700 miles of coastline to that figure.
- South Carolina is 2/3 forested, with 3/4 of that forest under private ownership.
South Carolina is an ideal place to consider retirement, buying a home, and pursuing resort-style amenities in a lakeside community. With many beautiful lake homes available for Hampton Lake living, it’s never been easier to take advantage of South Carolina’s beautiful real estate and recreational opportunities.
Comments? Questions? Let us know below.